"This was important to get together and show our support for each other and our future," said Fenel Jean, VHP's business manager in Haiti. Added Despagne Felix, VHP's logistics manager and director of the vocational center program: "I love how Vermont Haiti Project is all about friends helping with our ideas and our communities."
- Budget allocation for all of VHP's on-location programs in Haiti
- Future vision (beyond 2013) for programs
- A strong desire to include other organizations in both the fund raising for, and management of, existing VHP programs
- Establishing a protocol for volunteer involvement and commitment
- A renewed emphasis on VHP's mission to establish, and maintain, self supporting programs.
Many other topics were covered while, due to time restrictions, others were tabled until a future meeting. "We covered a lot of ground-- almost too much to digest," said VHP board member Tim Singer. "With our board's makeup of personnel from both the U.S. and Haiti, and our blend of both passion and practicalilty, we walked away with a very positive outlook of our future as a group."